Flu Prevention Tips
Reduce Your Risk
|Get Vaccinated: TWO VACCINES ARE NEEDED FOR THE 2009 FLU SEASON.
- Seasonal Flu: The single best way to protect against the seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year, preferably in October or November.
- H1N1 Flu: In addition to providing the seasonal flu vaccine, the U.S. government is working closely with manufacturers to develop and provide a 2009 H1N1 vaccine. The H1N1 vaccine is expected to be available in the fall.
Disinfect your home
Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Practice good personal hygiene.
- Wash hands frequently, for 15 – 20 seconds at a time. Alcohol-based hand cleaners may be used to supplement hand washing.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Do not share food, drinks, dishes, utensils or beverage containers.
- Remind children to wash hands and refrain from touching their noses, mouths and eyes.